Sunday, June 28, 2009

Do I Cry?

As the clouds overflow and burst open with rain
my heart it gets heavy and aches sorely with pain
When I turn my head and you see me walk by
my face holds no trace, so you ask do I cry?
I tilt my head slightly to think on myself,
would I have this problem bein' with someone else
I give in to you the harder I try
you know that this hurts me
still you ask do I cry?
Be strong and stand tall, don't bend or don't break
sometimes I ask "How much more can I take?!"
I repeatedly accept each one of your lies,
when you walk away still you ask do I cry?
Enough is enough and I can't take no more!
I cry every night behind these secret closed doors
When I steal away and sometimes act strange
if you seen me cry, then would things change
As sure as the rain falls with force from the sky
there are times when I hurt and "Yes I do cry!"

No comments:

Post a Comment