Wednesday, June 24, 2009

If Heaven Ever Opens

If Heaven ever opens and presents it's pretty smile,
I'll awaken from the state that I've lain in all the while
Open my eyes to see everything so clearly,
praying for the way things would, could and should be
Reach for more and more, take chances and grab hold,
opening my mouth at last to stories never told
Walk the path before me that's forever been the way,
to dreams scattered by night and struggles aligned by day
I want the dance of victory the taste that's oh so sweet,
shouting cares away and putting troubles under my feet
Sing the song of joy to my heart's greatest content
of all the joyous smiles that the beautiful skies have lent
Watch the precious rays fall gently upon my face
sending all tears away, fleeing without a trace
I feel the time has come but it all depends
if Heaven ever opens and smiles on me again

No comments:

Post a Comment